Friday, March 20, 2009

Twice Taken


“Twice Taken” Susan Beth Preffer

My reactions to this book have topped almost any other book I ever read in my life. Theirs shocking, surprising, happy, and sad. This book is also intense, exhilarating and so much more. It was one of the best books I ever read in my life. It is something im not used to reading and it was great to I believe change a story type. I mean “Twice Taken” was that good.

I had a lot of emotions because the book was like a wave of emotions. It was like one moment Amy was happy living with her dad then all of a sudden she moves in with her mother and the emotions change. I mean all the leis her father told her was just shocking. From her name to her birthday to her mother dying it was like being almost spit in the face by someone. That is how sad it was to hear all of this.

This book was so intense because in the court room once the judge was making the decision on where Amy can live I didn’t know what happened. I mean she hasn’t mind living with her father all of her life but at the same time she has had 11 years taken away from her mother. It would be a tough decision for me to decide where someone lives. Amy was real angry and sad that she had to live with her mother and make no contact with her dad. I can’t blame her because she knows her dad kidnapped her but he did everything well for her. He watched her really well which kind of showed he was responsible. But I think she needed to give her mother a chance.
The many reactions for me on this book are incredible. The book was just that good. It was fun to read something different instead of a sports novel or sports book. I definitely will be reading more books like this then I did before. It takes your emotion into the book and it feels like you can’t let go of it. That is how good it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment